Open-Source CAN Bus Close-loop Brushed DC-Motor Contorller (v2.0 pcb log)

I made the v1.0  motor controller last week.
In the v1.0 pcb works. I used A4950 as the motor driver and as5600 as the encoder of my DC-motor.
Oh, by the way, the DC-motor I used is WS-50ZYT78-R which I used in my last project Open-Source inverted pendulum
It's a powerfull motor. Its peak troque current is more than 10A. Unfortunately A4950's power is so weak that can not drive this motor in its max torque.
So I have to find a more powerfull motor driver for this application. After seeking, I finally find a motor driver chip which seem is exactly what I need. The chip model is VNH5180A.
VNH5180A is a motor driver chip used in automotive application. Its max output current is 8A. Even thought as powerfull as this motor driver is, I still not 100% sure that it's good enought for me. I need to make a prototype to test my new driver.

Here is my v2.0 Motor contorller PCB.

Top Layer.

 Bottom Layer

Top Layer 3D

Bottom Layer 3D 

Comments

Robotics and Autonomous Systems

IEEE Transactions on Robotics - new TOC

MIT News - Computer science and technology

IEEE Spectrum Robotics

Robotics Research News -- ScienceDaily

ROS robotics news

The Robot Report

机器人大讲堂 - 知乎专栏

腿足式机器人的机电系统实现 - 知乎专栏

Blog – Hackaday